- Sony Ultra-wide Angle 26.3mm G lens captures brilliant, accurate color reproduction and sharp, detailed images out to the corners of the frame. In addition, the 26.3mm focal length offers a broader perspective for capturing a wider perspective.
- Assignable Lens Ring (Focus/Zoom/Iris) The HXRNX70P lens has an assignable lens ring -via a rotary switch- that allows manual adjustment of focus, iris, and zoom settings. The camera also has a professional style (front to back) zoom rocker, similar to the HXR-NX5P for variable, servo zoom control.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, the innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling feature adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
- Native 16:9, Back-illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS sensor. Sony’s back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensors are well known now for low-light sensitivity, image clarity and drastically reduced noise.
- Infrared NightShot® (night vision) filming and photography. Sony HXR-NX70P incorporates an IR illuminator that produces moderate levels of infrared light, enabling effective night time imaging under low light conditions. The resulting images are typically higher resolution than other night vision technologies.
- AVCHD Recording + 96GB*5 embedded Flash Memory. As in other NXCAM camcorder, the recording format is AVCHD. One Memory card slot accepts either Memory Stick or SD Cards. Its built-in 96GB flash memory permits long recording times exceeding 10hrs at 24Mbps and 8hrs at 28Mbps. Simultaneous recording to the Memory card and built-in flash is possible in some modes.
- 1920x1080 60P full HD recording at 28Mbps. The new PS mode with a 28Mbps recording bit-rate enables the HXR-NX70 to capture full HD at 60P. Its full HD 1920x1080 recordings can be slowed down too 24P during post production for beautiful 2.5 slow motion.
- GPS Geo Tagging A built-in GPS receiver allows viewing the HXRNX70P current location coordinates on the LCD display, as well as "tagging" the clips with shooting locations. The receiver gives the ability to “tag” shooting locations as a future reference if it is necessary to return to the same location or to create a log of areas covered when surveying remote locations. Additionally, the receiver automatically adjusts the camcorder’s clock to the proper time zone when international travel is part of your assignment. Locations can be tracked on Google maps and all GPS data can be extracted with a PC.
- 3.5” touch-screen XtraFine™ LCD display (921K). A large 3.5” (16:9) XtraFine LCD screen (921K) displays sharp, bright, vivid images, for composing more easily; even outdoors. By reducing glare, remarkably higher contrast is achieved, delivering more natural, realistic colors and allowing easier viewing in bright lighting conditions.
- Direct Copy to external HDD without PC. As other Sony NXCAM camcorders, it is possible to “field backup” entire cards or important shots by copying footage directly from your camcorder to an external USB hard disk drive; all without the need for a computer. The NX70P can also access clips stored on the external hard drive for playback on a monitor, allowing utilizing the camcorder’s powerful playback indexing features.
- Detachable handle/ professional audio control unit. A detachable audio pod includes two balanced XLR audio inputs with phantom power and attenuation options required by professionals. Default audio settings for XLR recording are highlighted in green for easy reference in the field under difficult lighting conditions. The included ECM-XM1 shotgun microphone provides audio recording performance similar to larger shoulder-mounted ENG style cameras. Note: The XLR adaptor and ECM-XM1 microphone are not rainproof or dustproof.
- The HXR-NX70P Sony is the first camroder with IPX54 certification. IPX54 enables shooting in rainy and dusty conditions.
Lens Hood w/Lens Cover
Component A/V Cable
A/V Connecting Cable
USB Adapter Cable
RMT-845 Remote Commander
AC-L200 AC Adapter / Charger
Application Software (CD-ROM)
Exmor R Image Sensor Specifications Detail:
Pixel Gross Approx. 6,648,000 pixels
Recording Media 96GB internal flash emory
One card slot, compatible with Memory Stick Pro Duo and SD cards.
Sensor Native 16:9 Exmor R sensor
Video Active HD Approx. 6,140,000 pixels
Video Captured Image Resolution AVCHD up to 28Mbs
General Specifications Detail:
Dimensions (W x H x D) Body Only: 4 1/2 × 4 3/4 × 11 3/4 inch (111.5 × 119.5 × 297.5 mm)
With Microphone and eyecup: 7 1/8 x 7 5/8 x 20 1/2 inch (178 x 192 x 519.5mm)
Mass Body Only: 1 lb. 13 oz. (840 g)
With lens and supplied accessories: 2 lbs. 13oz (1285g)
Operating Temperature +32 to +104 degrees F (0 to +40 degrees (C)
Power Consumption 3.5 W
Power Requirements AC adaptor / Battery) 8.4V / 6.8V
Recording Frame Rate PAL Mode PS (28 Mbps) 1920 x 1080/50p/16:9
FX (24 Mbps) 1920 x 1080/50i/16:9
FH (17 Mbps) 1920 x 1080/50i/16:9
HQ (9 Mbps) 1440 x 1080/50i/16:9
LP (5 Mbps) 1440 x 1080/50i/16:9
FX (24 Mbps) 1920 x 1080/24p/16:9
FH (17 Mbps) 1920 x 1080/24p/16:9
Recording Media 96GB Flash memory
SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
Memory Stick PRO Duo(Mark2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX
Storage Temperature -4 to +140 degrees F (-20 to +60 degrees C)
Video Recording Format HD MPEG-4 AVCHD format compatible +1080/60p original format)
MPEG-2 PS (Same as DVD)
Weight Camera Head: 1 lb. 13 oz. (840 g)
Camera plus supplied accessories: 2 lbs. 13oz (1285g)
Included Lens Specifications Detail:
35mm Equivalent Video 26,3mm to 263mm
Filter Diameter 37mm
Focal Length 3.8 to 38mm
Focus Full range Auto/Manual
Image Stabilizer Optical SteadyShot
Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode
Iris Six blade iris
Lens Type Sony 10x zoom G-Lens
Maximum Relative Aperture F:1.8
Optical Zoom 10x 3.8~38mm
Zoom Ratio Selectable Zoom ratio: 10x (14x Extended Zoom, 120x Digital Zoom)
Inputs and Outputs Specifications Detail:
Audio In 2 XLR Line/ Mic. with selectable Phantom Power
One 3.5mm stereo jack with Plug-on power
Audio Out Headphone: Stereo mini jack (x 1) ø3.5mm
Two RCA via A/V Remote connector cable
Audio/Video Remote Multi-Pin Connector A/V Remote connector
Component Out Three RCA & L + R Audio via A/V Remote connector cable
Composite Video Out One RCA via A/V Remote connector cable
Earphone 3.5mm Stereo Jack
MIC In Two 3-Pin XLR Line/Mic. with slectable phantom power and attenuation level.
One sterero 3.5 mini jack with Plug-on power
Remote LANC type via A/V Remote connector
USB Mini USB (host or Slave)